What is it?
- disease of the cardiovascular system
(heart & vessels) suffered by 62 million Americans
- include the following:
hypertension (high blood pressure), coronary heart disease (blockage of
vessels of the heart), stroke, and congenital heart defects
How's it happen?
- varying theories of damaging components
of the American diet: saturated fats, cholesterol, free radicals,
hydrogenated fats, and sugars, among others
- lack of physical activity with a poor
diet can lead to obesity which is predisposing factor for cardiovascular
- vessels become narrow with a build-up of
plaque, which eventually can clog the artery completely, causing a heart
attack (if in the coronary vessels), or stroke (if in the brain), or
pulmonary embolism (if clog travels into the lung)
What do you do about it?
- a balanced diet full of daily
requirements of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and water
- regular activity on a daily basis
whether: functional (work or household), recreational, wellness, or
competitive sport activities
- changes to diet and activity level to
incorporate the above preventative strategies
- medication to reduce hypertension, high
cholesterol, and break up vessel plaque or thin the blood
- more serious medical procedures such
as: angioplasty, coronary artery bypass, and intravenous chelation
here to find the right Khazen
AthletiKare cardiovascular disease prevention & treatment program for you!
Copyright © 2005 Khazen
AthletiKare, LLC. All rights reserved.