What is it?
- a complete tear of the Anterior Cruciate
Ligament, the ligament that runs between the tibia (shin bone) and the femur
(thigh bone) providing key support inside the knee joint
How's it happen?
- a direct blow when the foot is planted and the
lower leg is rotated (like on a stop & cut maneuver)
- improper deceleration from a sprint
- improper landing off of a jump
What do you do about it?
- surgical ligament reconstruction from existing
healthy hamstring tendon, patellar tendon, or cadaver ligament
- treatment, rehabilitation for 4-8 months, and an intense
return to activity functional program (focused on dynamic
balance activities, correct deceleration mechanics, correct jump landing
mechanics, strengthening of hamstrings, and recruitment of hamstrings)
- supportive knee brace during activity
- start a ACL prevention program with KAK today!
here to find the right Khazen
AthletiKare ACL prevention
program for you!
Copyright © 2011 Khazen
AthletiKare, LLC. All rights reserved.